Directions to IRRPP Heading link
Transportation and Parking:
Public transportation is the easiest way to CUPPA (College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs – 412 S. Peoria) where SEW will be held. It is a quarter of a block from the blue line UIC-Halsted stop, a few blocks west of the #8 bus, across the street from the #126 bus, and 2-3 blocks north of the #7 and #60 buses.
If you are driving, street parking can get difficult to find. You can park in one of the UIC parking lots: Harrison Street Parking Structure, 1100 W Harrison St (.4 miles away) or Halsted/Taylor Parking Structure, 760 West Taylor Street (.6 miles away) are the closest.
- Take the westbound (Forest Park) blue line train to the UIC-Halsted Street stop.
- There are currently three exits from the platform to street level. Take the middle exit which will take you to a pedestrian overpass that spans I-290.
- Exit the station and face north. You can tell what direction you’re facing because the Loop is to your right when you’re facing north.
- Go north and at the end of the pedestrian overpass CUPPA will be the first building on the left after the overpass. IRRPP is located on the third floor. If you hit Van Buren, you’ve gone too far.
From the UIC Visitor’s Parking Lot
- Park in the visitor’s parking lot/structure at the corner of Harrison and Racine.
- Exit the parking lot at the southern entrance. You can tell what direction you’re facing because the Loop is to your left when you’re facing south.
- Go west across Morgan Street and turn right when you reach the pedestrian overpass that spans I-290. CUPPA will be the first building on the left after the overpass. IRRPP is located on the third floor. If you hit Van Buren, you’ve gone too far.
Contact IRRPP Heading link
Use this form to ask us a question or to suggest a topic for future IRRPP workshops, events, or areas of focus for our State of Racial Justice reports.